Judah was in a drought…..* bad situation…..
* went to the cisterns = no water
* ground is cracked = no rain
* doe deserts her newborn = no grass
* donkeys lose their sight = no pasture
Prophets came into this hurting, hurting
situation and tell these hurting people…
The people was even fasting, offering sacrifices ,
at this point, trying……but not dealing with ….
Here it is : Jeremiah 14:13
” But I said, ” Ah, Sovereign Lord, the
prophets keep telling them, YOU WILL NOT
SEE THE SWORD or SUFFER FAMINE. Indeed
, I will give you lasting peace in this place.”
* sounds like something God would tell hurting
people…. maybe in a hospital.
maybe at a trauma point in their lives…
vs. 14 Then the Lord said to me, ( straight from
the LORD ) ” The prophets are prophesying lies
in my name,. I have NOT SENT them or appointed
them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to
you FALSE visions, divinations, idolatries and
delusions OF THEIR OWN MINDS.”
God showed me, BE VERY CAREFUL….even
when we want peoples hurting to stop, even when
we are face to face with those that are backslidden,
even when it could be a close friend…whom ever.
* Did God truly send us to those people to speak
from HIM ?
* Did God tell us to say what we are actually saying ?
* Is the answer we are giving to their void..
Is the answer we are giving to their hurt + need….
Truth that will heal
TRUTH that will take them straight to the LORD
To not placate their situation…..Let them feel soothing
words to help them FEEL…at that moment….just
that ~ a soothing peace…that is NOT REAL.
Then God said, (vs17 )
” SPEAK THIS WORD TO THEM: ”
Then it goes into the what the LORD feels for them
in the depth of the TRUTH….and in that the deep
response will come :
vs. 20 ” OH LORD, we acknowledge our wickedness
and the guilt of our fathers; we have indeed sinned
against you.” ” ……. O LORD our God Therefore
OUR HOPE IS IN YOU…….”
When we are in peoples depth of their lives….
* do we listen and tell them what will make them
feel better for moment ?
* do we victimize counsel them…( only to let them
stay a victim ? So they will come back and talk to
* Do we want them to feel better to us or to the LORD ?
* Do we truly want JESUS to deal with the ” dot ” in their
lives and truly give them complete FREEDOM …
* Does showing them the dot scare us more….
Than the depth of pulling them truly out of this
deep cycle of sin/ satan / etc. in their lives ?
What we tell others….. Did God send us to them ?
Did God truly tell us to say it ?
Is it straight truth from HIS WORD ?
Did God promise….the outcome we are telling them ?
Can we say that ?
The soothing comes through :
JESUS’ TRUTH + OBEDIENCE + JESUS’ INFLUENCENo Comments